Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bringing back Magic

So,

We went to the Professional Photographers of South Carolina convention this past month, and man let me tell you... it was an amazing experience. One of things I started to realize through this experience was that photography isn't about cameras or lenses. It is about the photographers ability to "see" something and catch it. We are hired for our ability to study the light, the people, the surroundings and bring magic to it by catching it in time. I have always wondered to myself what seperates the pro from the amateur. It is magic. Of all of the artists that I admire locally and internationally, that is what unites them all. Amazement and a dose of magic in every shot. Every picture we make is stopping time, distilling an age. As a videographer I do that as well with moving images and sound. Imagine being able to see your grandparents wedding video, how they looked and moved when they were younger. The dances they did at the reception. It would be amazing. It's easy to get caught up in those thigns you do to prepare for a wedding and lose sight of what we are doing. I know it's easy for us to lose sight of the magic and get caught up in the task. I am so excited about the wedding season we have coming up and the chance we have to preserve that magic for all of these families. It's an amazing gift.
Bill

No comments: